Your work is not finished yet if you constructed a new home but now that you are going to live in your dream house, how should you decorate it? A large part of decorating and giving your new house, the look you desire is depends on what kind of flooring you want.
It would be quite bland if your entire dream home had the same type of flooring. You should understand the flooring material play an important part to give your house an appealing look so better to choose the right type of flooring for you.
A nice floor contributes to the overall look of the room as much as anything else. Having plain white titles all over your house will make it very one dimensional. But don’t worry too much as this guide will help you choose the right kind of flooring for your dream home.
- Tile is one of the most popular choices when it comes to flooring and rightly so. Tiles are extremely versatile and come in a variety of styles and materials. There are ceramic tiles, marble tiles, porcelain tiles and many more.
- Various tiles have various advantages. Ceramic tiles are highly water resistant and durable, making them a perfect choice for bathrooms. They are also easy to clean.
- Used in things like sculptures, marble titles are also incredibly versatile and durable. Marble tiles also come in different colours and with elegant textures.
Being expensive and beautiful for many people, hardwoods is the go-to material when it comes to bedrooms. Hardwood flooring can have exquisite colours and texture depending on the wood you choose.
Hardwood is also durable, easy to clean and wear resistant. However, hardwoods are not water resistant. Over time exposure to water can ruin even the most expensive hardwoods. It comes in Oak, Cherry and Pecan etc.
An alternative to hardwoods, bamboo has recently gained a lot of popularity. Bamboo is strong and hence durable. Bamboo floor plansk are light coloured but may become darker overtime.
Like hardwoods, bamboo is also easily cleaned and should not remain in contact with water. Bamboo is also a more green alternative to wood.
Cork is great for places you need to be quiet and comfortable. It is best suitable for play areas. This is somewhat expensive than other type of flooring mateiral. Cork absorbs sound and acts as an insulator making it comfortable to stand on even in the chilly winters. It is also antimicrobial.
However, cork is not as hard marble or even wood. Cook is mouldable and thus heavy furniture can leave impressions. Water can make It swell up. Cork is good for use in the bedroom.
- Laminate is another one of the most popular choices for flooring, this is because it can be very cheap. The other major contributing factors to its popularity is ease of installation and maintenance.
- Laminated floors are very resistant to harshnesses, like scratches, burns and stains, and can be easily cleaned. It is best suitable for high traffic locations.
- However, standing water is not good for laminate floors and they cannot be refinished. There are types of laminates which are designed to resist moisture. They are perfect for high traffic spots of your home.
- Not all the rooms in your home need to look and feel great, some places like your garage have to be more functional than fashionable.
- It’s for places like these that concrete flooring should be chosen. It can withstand the weight of your car and needs almost no maintenance.
After reading the above article on types of flooring, you must have understood about the different types of flooring material and their merits and demerits. Flooring is the key factor for your home appearance and you should not totally rely on builders for flooring material because not all choose the right one. In a country like Australia there are so many manufacturers who provide good flooring material and you can contact them according to your needs.
The Talcum Powder Debate: Safety Concerns and Consumer Awareness
Lamudi Broker Awards Night 2023 Recognizes the Backbone of the Real Estate Industry
Ohmyhome: the Launchpad of Modern Philippine Real Estate