Setting up a new office initially could prove to be a real pain. You have to go through your existing inventories and sometimes make do with what you have at your disposal. For the long run, having your office furniture setup is a commendable investment, but you also need to save up in case of worst case scenarios.
Let us assume that you have saved enough and want to have your own space; you would then need to make a list of things that you require should you hire more resources. Apart from the tech equipments to be purchased, you also need office furniture to make your employees comfortable. It so happens that we don’t mind much when it comes to buying up office furniture i.e. to say we spend a lot. We would be listing out some of the key points which would help you to avoid that mistake in the future. Even in this case, you need to analyze and only then go for the purchase rather than charging in like a rampaging bull.
- HAVE A PLAN: As mentioned above, rampaging in without anything at your disposal would dry up your pockets. Formulate a plan, design every scenario and decide what would suit best as per the office space that you have taken. You must have a small team that is already working for you OR you have your colleagues who might have gone through this phase. Take valuable pointers from them and also keep in mind about the amount of space that you have in your office.
- SHOP AROUND: After you have evaluated your office space and what exactly you require for your workplace, start searching up for office furniture. You can inquire at shops over the weekend, or maybe you can do it online as there are many online stores popping up these days. If you are looking out for quality then you should also checkout recommended stores like Walmart, Kmart, etc. Look out for the expected price range and make a uniformed decision.
- THE COMFORT FACTOR: Apart from the planning and the shopping around you should also take care of the comfort levels required for your employees at work. If you fail to provide that, then it would prove a bit harmful in terms of productivity. You should also have the habit of taking feedback from your employees if you have purchased some office furniture for them. Are they finding things as per the optimum levels, is there an issue which is to be looked upon and so on and so forth. Employee satisfaction is everything to a company so comfort factor plays an important role.
- REFERRALS: As discussed previously, taking feedbacks from colleagues who have gone through this process would be most suitable to give your first hand analysis on the do’s and don’ts. They would be able to guide you in this process effectively and also provide you with important referrals pertaining to multiple places where you can make your purchase. You can also reach out to customers and inquire them about the manner of services they have received and you can accordingly plan things out. Having more information about specific office furniture houses is better than having none at all.
- CONSIDER SHIPPING COSTS FOR ONLINE DELIVERY: You have looked upon every possible scenario for the products that you want to buy. You have the sources and the required items, but you forgot to factor in the shipping costs. That could tumble down your budget fast enough like a pack of cards. Shipping prices can prove to be a bane if you are not prepped it. Online shopping has its fair share of advantages and disadvantages, so look out for things which would prove favorable and those that would not.
- LOOK FOR REFURBISHED EQUIPMENTS: The demand for refurbished equipment has increased over the past couple of years owing to its low price range and also a satisfactory amount of quality. You can find equipments which are at par with your budget plus it is likely to find equipments with brand names on them. You can find them in shops and you can find them online which proves beneficial to both the parties at best.